Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

AtomFarm in the worx

I've finally figured it out, striking me like a bolt of lightning. Branding myself and creating an aesthetic has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. And how would I even represent Atom Farm from both sides?

It's 3:48am and I'm producing like crazy. I've been so fueled the last few weeks, its uncanny. New freelance clients rolling in with bigger and better jobs making it almost necessary to hire some extra design help. So the pressure gets to me in creative, rewarding ways.

Branding Atom Farm beyond the design studio has been a real challenge. How do I integrate the complexities of my respect for nature and showcase that aspect of the The Farm while it's intermingling with a corporate design portfolio. And that's when it hit me. The very nature of an atom is the sub particulate composition of all matter, which usually evokes the idea of the height of science. And conversely a farm is representative of all that is organic and sewn, grown and cultivated from the earth.

This is precisely what Atom Farm is. A blend of the harnessing power of technology and science intermingling with respect for our Earth and a tuned consciousness.

I think this is working out so far. Oh, I should mention this is an idea for the website. It will have animated parts, and fold out graphics to reveal portfolio, about us, contact, etc.

But also, if you click Atom, it will take you to the designy projecty things. If you click Farm, it will take you to the sustainability endeavors and research. A blend of the two. Like myself, I suppose.

AtomFarm


2 comments:

Smelliottkuhn@gmail.com said...

dude I dig the logo! Perhaps some electrons and neutrons circling, with the option to stop and expand them...but the half and half, is brilliant.

Atom Farm said...

thanks man! i want to hand illustrate tree and seed/growing elements, and blend it with some electron neutron circle visuals for sure!